Frequently Asked Questions
Practical Tips for Stradley Law Clients
- What is parking info for your office and the Houston downtown criminal courthouse?
- What are “court appearances” and where do I go?
- What do I wear at court?
- How fast can my case be resolved?
- What happens on my first court appearance in Texas criminal court?
- What happens if I arrive at my criminal court late?
- Will I be drug and alcohol tested when I go to criminal court?
- What is the best time of day to contact Bill Stradley?
- What is the best way to handle my stress dealing with my criminal case?
Practical Tips on Hiring the Best Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer
- How much does it cost to consult with Bill Stradley?
- What is the difference between a lawyer, attorney, and legal counselor?
- What is the difference between criminal lawyers, civil lawyers, and family lawyers?
- What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?
- Can I represent myself if charged with a misdemeanor?
- Is it bad to use a court-appointed attorney?
- How do I find a qualified Texas criminal defense lawyer?
- What should I avoid when hiring a criminal defense attorney?
- What are the web resources for hiring the best criminal defense lawyers?
What To Do If You Are Accused or Under Investigation
- The police contacted me as part of an investigation. What should I do?
- I have been reported to Texas Child Protective Services (CPS). What should I do?
- I’ve been asked to give testimony to the Grand Jury. What is a Grand Jury and can a lawyer help me through this process?
- My school or employer is investigating me. What should I do?
- I didn’t do anything wrong. Do I need to have a lawyer?
- What can I do about a false accusation? I do not like having this held over me.
- I want to cooperate with the police, but I am scared. Should I speak with them?
How To Find Out If There is a Warrant and Get Out of Jail
- How do I find out if there is a warrant out against someone?
- How do I get a bail bond?
- How do I get someone out of jail?
- How quickly can I get someone out of jail?
- I heard bail bonds were going away? Why do I need a bond?
- What information is important to have in order to get someone out of jail?
- What is a cash bond?